By Martin Dufva PhD MSc (auth.), Martin Dufva (eds.)
DNA microarray know-how has revolutionized examine long ago decade. firstly an program for mRNA expression stories, the know-how now has unfold to different functions comparable to comparative genomic hybridization, SNP and mutation research. In DNA Microarrays for Biomedical examine: tools and Protocols, specialists discover those now prevalent functions, addressing probe layout techniques, fabrication concerns and supplying sensible examples of precise equipment for new release of top quality DNA microarray info. Chapters contain details on the various biggest prone of microarray, together with Affymetrix, Ilumina and Agilent, and their use on quite a few functions. Composed within the hugely profitable Methods in Molecular Biology sequence structure, each one bankruptcy includes a short creation, step by step tools, a listing of valuable fabrics, and a Notes part which stocks pointers on troubleshooting and keeping off identified pitfalls.
Authoritative and hugely practical, DNA Microarrays for Biomedical learn: tools and Protocols offers quite a few protocols which might be simply reproduced, permitting researchers to achieve extraordinary perception into the advanced global of DNA microarray know-how.
By Yen-Wei Chen, Satoshi Tanaka, Robert J. Howlett, Lakhmi C. Jain
This court cases quantity comprises 32 papers, which current contemporary tendencies and suggestions in medication and healthcare together with leading edge expertise in psychological Healthcare; clever selection help applied sciences and structures in Healthcare; Biomedical Engineering, tendencies, learn and applied sciences; Advances in information & wisdom administration for Healthcare; complicated ICT for scientific and Healthcare; Healthcare aid process; and clever scientific and Healthcare approach. Innovation in drugs and healthcare is an interdisciplinary study sector, which mixes the complicated applied sciences and challenge fixing abilities with scientific and organic technological know-how. A valuable topic of this complaints is sensible clinical and Healthcare Systems (modern clever structures for drugs and healthcare), that can supply effective and exact approach to difficulties confronted by way of healthcare and clinical practitioners this day through the use of complicated details verbal exchange options, computational intelligence, arithmetic, robotics and different complicated applied sciences.
By Martin Weyreuther, Christoph E. Heyde, Michael Westphal, Jan Zierski, Ulrich Weber, B. Herwig
This MRI atlas of the backbone is the fruit of interdisciplinary cooperation between radiologists, orthopedic surgeons, traumatologists, and neurosurgeons. it's a clinically orientated atlas that covers all vital ailments and accidents of the backbone. abundant illustrations are supplemented via concise descriptions of anatomy and pathophysiology, the conventional and irregular MRI visual appeal, diagnostic pitfalls, and the medical importance of MRI. The transparent and didactic type permits readers to revise the basics of spinal anatomy and disorder states as a foundation for knowing the diagnostic innovations and surgical administration. by way of combining descriptions of the scientific manifestation of spinal issues with the corresponding MRI findings, the authors desire to aid readers strengthen a significant method of the translation of MRI of the spine.
By Emmanuel R. Ortega Reyes
By Canellos G.P., Lister T.A., Young B.
Edited and written by way of global professionals, this article encompasses all facets of Hodgkin's disorder, non-Hodgkin's lymphomas, and similar issues. Designed to be the ''Bible'' for either clinicians and scientists who care for lymphoma, the booklet is filled with important precis tables and plentiful illustrations and interprets state of the art discoveries into cutting-edge administration guidance. The preeminent names in examine and perform collect modern-day complete spectrum of information — from epidemiology, class and diagnosis via analysis and treatment, together with the most recent medical advances, comparable to the impression of molecular biologic and genetic discoveries and new biologic markers.
By Emily Miller, Catherine Lee
"Flashcards in a book" offer a complete but concise assessment for the obstetrics and gynecology clerkship
Deja evaluation: Obstetrics & Gynecology boils down your coursework to simply the severe strategies you must be aware of for examination luck. This unbeatable advisor includes a quick-read, two-column, "flashcard in a book" Q&A structure. – in particular designed that will help you take note a large number of pertinent details the least bit period of time attainable. The layout enables you to zero-in on in simple terms the proper solutions to advertise reminiscence retention and get the main from your research time.
Great for final minute evaluation of high-yield proof, Deja evaluation offers an easy method that you should determine your strengths and weaknesses so that you can excel at the clerkship and the USMLE Step 2 CK.
• finished multiple-choice Q&A bankruptcy on the finish of the book.
• energetic remember questions let you comprehend, not only memorize the content
• medical vignettes on the finish of chapters arrange you for board-style questions
• moveable measurement for research at the move – suits into your coat pocket
• Bookmark integrated to lead you thru easy-to-use flashcard presentation
By F. Cunningham, Barbara Hoffman, John Schorge, Joseph Schaffer, Lisa Halvorson, Karen Bradshaw
The one gynecology source that mixes a full-color textual content and a procedural atlas—revised and updated
Part scientific textual content, half surgical atlas, Williams Gynecology is written by way of the well known crew of ob-gyn clinicians at Dallas’ Parkland sanatorium who're chargeable for the landmark Williams Obstetrics. the recent version of Williams Gynecology keeps the constant tone, modern medical insights, and caliber illustrations of the winning first version, whereas increasing and clean its content material to maintain speed with the latest advancements during this dynamic field.
The many vital subject matters coated in Williams Gynecology are evidence-based, but the ebook is particularly designed as a realistic quick-reference consultant, aided all through via useful instructing issues. Reflecting the most recent scientific views and study, the second one version good points extraordinary new assurance of minimally invasive systems, robotics, and gynecologic anatomy.
• assets in one—full-color clinical textual content and surgical atlas—conveniently surveys the complete spectrum of gynecologic illness, together with normal gynecology, reproductive endocrinology and infertility, urogynecology, and gynecologic oncology
• Atlas of gynecologic surgical procedure comprises 450 figures that illustrate operative techniques
• distinct constant textual content layout for a good method of prognosis and treatment
• robust process orientation covers an enormous array of surgical operations, that are illustrated in detail
• Evidence-based dialogue of sickness review reinforces and helps the medical relevance of the book’s diagnostic and remedy methods
• individual authorship from an analogous Parkland Hospital-based group which edited Williams Obstetrics—the prime reference in obstetrics for greater than a century
• Newly illustrated gynecologic anatomy bankruptcy created with the physician in brain to stress serious anatomy for winning surgery
• New assurance of minimally invasive methods and robotics, the most recent approaches in gynecologic oncology, and in-vitro fertilization
• a number of illustrations, images, tables, and therapy algorithms
This e-book is designed to help clinicians who're new to extensive care via supplying details on a variety of very important and novel themes of relevance within the day by day administration of significantly sick sufferers. assistance is given at the applicable reaction to varied emergencies and situations, together with stroke, acute liver failure, critical burns, severe discomfort, and delirium. The position of simulation education within the in depth care unit is mentioned, and particular realization is dedicated to the appliance of recent suggestions for the review of important organs within the serious care environment, corresponding to echocardiography and lung ultrasound. somebody bankruptcy specializes in nearby anesthesia in in depth care, and also the booklet addresses matters and matters which are usually ignored. Examples comprise move of the significantly ailing sufferer, the function of forgotten electrolytes comparable to magnesium, using non-coumarin anticoagulants, and neuropsychological rehabilitation. The publication can have large allure, together with for normal intensivists, anesthetists, acute medication physicians, and scientific scholars connected to acute specialties or getting ready for checks in extensive care medication.
By Eugene Toy, Gary C. Rosenfeld, David Loose, David S. Briscoe
REAL-LIFE medical instances FOR the fundamental SCIENCES AND USMLE STEP 1
Experience with medical circumstances is vital to excelling at the USMLE Step 1 and shelf checks, and eventually to delivering sufferers with powerfuble scientific care. Case documents: Pharmacology offers fifty six true-to-life clinicalcases that illustrate crucial recommendations in pharmacology. every one case contains an easy-to-understand dialogue correlated to key simple technological know-how options, definitions of keyword phrases, pharmacology pearls, and USMLE-style overview questions.
With Case documents, you'll research rather than memorize.
• research from fifty six high-yield instances, each one with board-style questions
• grasp key options with scientific pearls
• Polish your method of scientific difficulties and to sufferer care
• Maximize your board rankings with the confirmed Case records system
By Janyce L. Cornick-Seahorn DVM MS DACVA DACVIM
* Thorough but concise and conveyable evaluate of veterinary anesthesia * contains easy-to-use drug dosage and protocol tables for a large choice of species * perfect for scholar use in the course of medical rotations * necessary speedy reference for veterinarians with new perform