By Yongmei, Zheng
Read Online or Download Bio-inspired wettability surfaces : developments in micro- and nanostructures PDF
Similar physical chemistry books
The worth of the serious temperature (Tc), under which the thermal explosion of a chemical can't ensue, is vital to avoid one of these chemical from exploding. to be able to confirm the Tc it has to date been essential to degree the worth in explosion experiments. end result of the inherent dangers, basically few Tc values can be found at the moment.
Content material: Polymeric reagents and catalysts: an summary / Warren T. Ford -- Soluble polymer-bound reagents and catalysts / David E. Bergbreiter -- Catalysis with a perfluorinated ion-exchange polymer / F. J. Waller -- The position of substrate delivery in catalyst job / John G. Ekerdt -- balance of polymer-supported transition steel catalysts / Philip E.
Multidimensional Liquid Chromatography (MDLC) is the most important separation approach for studying exceedingly complicated samples in a single step. This authoritative reference offers a few contemporary contributions that aid outline the present paintings and technology of MDLC. subject matters lined comprise instrumentation, concept, tools improvement, and functions of MDLC within the existence sciences and in commercial chemistry.
- New Directions in Solid State Chemistry
- Advances in Catalysis, Vol. 30
- Elements of Quantum Chemistry
- Polymeric Reagents and Catalysts
- Surface Characteristics of Fibers and Textiles
- Chemical graph theory
Additional info for Bio-inspired wettability surfaces : developments in micro- and nanostructures
Bajpai AK (1997) Interface behaviour of ionic polymers, Prog Polym Sci, 22(3), 523–564. 50. Fowkes FM (1963) Additivity of intermolecular forces at interfaces. I. Determination of the contribution to surface and interfacial tensions of dispersion forces in various liquids, J Phys Chem, 67(12), 2538–2541. © 2016 by Taylor & Francis Group, LLC 47 48 Lotus Leaf Effect: Micro- and Nanostructures 51. Huang X, Lim T-T (2006) Performance and mechanism of a hydrophobic– oleophilic kapok filter for oil/water separation, Desalination, 190(1–3), 295–307.
When temperature is below LCST, water penetrates through the mesh and is collected in the bottle, while the oil will be collected when temperature is higher than LCST. In addition, the BCP of PMMA-b-PNIPAAm-coated mesh gives good separation ability after 10 times oil/water separation. On the other hand, this kind of temperature controllable dual oil/water separation system can be easily fabricated by direct casting of the BCP of PMMA-b-PNIPAAm on industrial steel mesh. This work offers promising applications in oil/water separation, micro-/nanofluidic devices.
60. Yuan J, Liu X, Akbulut O, et al. (2008) Superwetting nanowire membranes for selective absorption, Nat Nanotechnol, 3(6), 332–336. 61. Zhang Y, Wei S, Liu F, et al. (2009) Superhydrophobic nanoporous polymers as efficient adsorbents for organic compounds, Nano Today, 4(2), 135–142. 62. Ono T, Sugimoto T, Shinkai S, Sada K (2007) Lipophilic polyelectrolyte gels as super-absorbent polymers for nonpolar organic solvents, Nat Mater, 6(6), 429–433. 63. Sonmez HB, Wudl F (2005) Cross-linked poly(orthocarbonate)s as organic solvent sorbents, Macromolecules, 38(5), 1623–1626.
Bio-inspired wettability surfaces : developments in micro- and nanostructures by Yongmei, Zheng