By Seth Joel Corey, Marek Kimmel, Joshua N. Leonard
The blood process is multi-scale, from the organism to the organs to cells to intracellular signaling pathways to macromolecule interactions. Blood includes circulating cells, mobile fragments (platelets and microparticles), and plasma macromolecules. Blood cells and their fragments end result from a highly-ordered procedure, hematopoiesis. Definitive hematopoiesis happens within the bone marrow, the place pluripotential stem cells supply upward thrust to a number of lineages of hugely really good cells. Highly-productive and regularly regenerative, hematopoiesis calls for a microenvironment of mesenchymal cells and blood vessels.
A structures Biology method of Blood is split into 3 major sections: simple elements, physiological strategies, and medical functions. utilizing blood as a window, you'll be able to examine wellbeing and fitness and affliction via this targeted instrument field with reactive organic fluids that mirrors the existing hemodynamics of the vessel partitions and many of the blood telephone varieties. Many blood ailments, infrequent and customary can and feature been exploited utilizing platforms biology techniques with winning effects and for this reason excellent versions for structures drugs. extra importantly, hematopoiesis deals the most effective studied platforms with perception into stem telephone biology, mobile interplay, improvement; linage programing and reprograming which are each day stimulated by means of the main mature and understood regulatory networks.
Read or Download A Systems Biology Approach to Blood PDF
Similar biology books
The steroid or nuclear receptor superfamily is a crucial staff of transcription elements that's studied by means of a wide and sundry variety of easy and medical researchers. This ebook offers those researchers a useful advisor to take action and is a needs to for all pros in biomedicine.
The publication goals at synthesizing our present wisdom of Acipenser sturio and its administration. This species, probably the most common sturgeon species in every single place Western Europe starting from the Black Sea to the Baltic, is now at the verge of extinction. significant points of its biology and administration, together with mismanagement, are supplied in a historical standpoint.
- Transgenic Crops IV (Biotechnology in Agriculture and Forestry, Vol. 59)
- Protocols in Molecular Neurobiology
- In Silico Systems Biology
- Advances in Immunology, Vol. 40
- Mechanosensing Biology
- Target Discovery and Validation Reviews and Protocols, Vol 1: Emerging Strategies for Targets and Biomarker Discovery (Methods in Molecular Biology Vol 360)
Additional resources for A Systems Biology Approach to Blood
50. House MG, Kohlmeier L, Chattopadhyay N, Kifor O, Yamaguchi T, Leboff MS, et al. Expression of an extracellular calcium-sensing receptor in human and mouse bone marrow cells. J Bone Miner Res. 1997;12(12):1959–70. 2 Quantification and Modeling of Stem Cell– Niche Interaction 35 51. Charbord P. Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells: historical overview and concepts. Hum Gene Ther. 2010;21(9):1045–56. 52. Sacchetti B, Funari A, Michienzi S, Di Cesare S, Piersanti S, Saggio I, et al. Self-renewing osteoprogenitors in bone marrow sinusoids can organize a hematopoietic microenvironment.
A new approach to biofunctionalisation and micropatterning of multi-well plates. Biomaterials. 2010;31(33):8802–9. 89. Csaszar E, Kirouac DC, Yu M, Wang W, Qiao W, Cooke MP, et al. Rapid expansion of human hematopoietic stem cells by automated control of inhibitory feedback signaling. Cell Stem Cell. 2012;10(2):218–29. 90. Ranga A, Lutolf MP. High-throughput approaches for the analysis of extrinsic regulators of stem cell fate. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2012;24(2):236–44. 91. Kokkaliaris KD, Loeffler D, Schroeder T.
IV. , genes or molecules) have to be identified and validated biologically. Test systems, which allow for studying the effects of relevant regulatory components on cell behavior and function under controlled conditions, have to be established. The spatial in vivo organization, including a quantification of the anatomical topology and/or geometry of regions of stem cell appearance, as well as the dynamics of stem cells within these regions has to be characterized. A theoretical framework that allows for a systematic analysis and for the integration of different data types needs to be implemented.
A Systems Biology Approach to Blood by Seth Joel Corey, Marek Kimmel, Joshua N. Leonard